Like this design? Create an Evite invitation with this image.
Everyone loves a good happy hour. But if you’re like most, you don’t have time to reapply a full face of makeup between leaving the office and meeting for a round of post-work cocktails. So what’s a girl to do? Here’s a start: Save time by concentrating on your favorite feature and play it up. Celebrity makeup artist Amy Chance (who glams up Lily Allen and Kat Dennings) suggests some simple tips and products to take your look from the office to happy hour in no time:
- Start your morning routine off with a makeup primer to help your foundation last all day. Make Up For Ever HD Microperfecting Primer does a great job of minimizing pores and fine lines while moisturizing skin. Plus it gives skin a radiant glow under foundation and helps for an even application.
- A quick way to glam up your office look is to add a bright, fun color to your lips. It's spring and color is in! Try on a hot pink or red lipstick. For an extra dramatic look, coat your lipstick with Make Up For Ever Matte Lip to take away the shine and create a full color, matte lip. If gloss is more your style, apply a dramatic color like Chanel's Aqualumiere Gloss in Cherry Blossom.
- If you prefer to concentrate on your eyes, you can quickly add drama with a kohl liner like MAC eye kohl. For a smoky look, line your top lid along the lash line and then use your fingers or a brush to blend the color up onto your lid. You can also intensify your look by lining the inside of your eye. It might take a little
practice, but once you've got the hang of it, you could do it in the dark. Finish off the look with a couple coats of a layering mascara like Lancôme Hypnôse in Black.
- Simply want to liven up a dull tired face? Use your fingers to apply a tinted moisturizer like Stila Sheer Color. Brighten up by applying color to the apples
of your checks with a cream blush like Stila Convertible Color which can be
used on lips too.
- Finish of your nighttime look by adding a touch of fragrance. You can now buy most of your favorites in a size perfect for your purse, like Marc Jacobs Daisy or Fracas by Robert Piguet.