Step aside chalky candy hearts and chocolate bonbons, this year we are going all-natural… with good old fashion fruit! Make these heart shaped fruit skewers this Valentine’s Day for a creative and easy-to-make treat. Great for your kid’s lunch or as a healthy snack when they arrive home from school. Serve after dinner as a refreshing dessert and you’ll be ready for hours of snuggling with your Valentine.
What you’ll need:
- Wood skewers or Popsicle sticks
- Melon fruit (watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew)
- Heart shaped cookie cutter (buy)
- Cut fruit into disks
- Use cookie cutter to cut hearts out of the melon
- Place fruit on the skewer or Popsicle stick and serve!
An alternative to the traditional fruit skewer. Make sure to add lemon to the apple to keep it fresh white.