Host your own Shark Week viewing party with these ten killer tips.
Shark Week is officially upon us, which means millions of viewers will be glued to their screens to watch the Discovery Channel’s annual celebration of one of the most terrifying prehistoric predators on earth. The fact that these fascinating fish have existed for more than 420 million years is reason enough to host your own Shark Week viewing party. We rounded up 10 ideas to help you plan a killer shindig.
1. We love the shark-infested cake that party-planning blog It’s the Life created for a shark party. Take a bite with caution!
2. A shark-shaped photo backdrop is sure to keep kids and adults entertained. The Gone
Fishing birthday party created by Kara’s Party Ideas features a cardboard shark cutout that allows guests to snap a photo from inside a shark.
3. Every soiree needs a party animal. For DIY-pet-fashion blog Sew Doggystyle, that means transforming a hooded sweatshirt for dogs into a shark costume with teeth and fins.
4. Spoonful’s DIY Watermelon Shark Carving is the perfect centerpiece for a shark party. The look on guests’ faces when they see it? Priceless.
5. For an easy dessert option, place these Shark Cupcake Toppers from Etsy on top of store-bought cupcakes.
6. Or if you have the time, whip up your own batch of shark cupcakes by following Cupcakes and Cashmere’s Shark Bite Cupcake recipe.
7. Everybody loves party hats. Take a crack at Sweet Dani B’s DIY Shark Party Hat, which comes with a free printable.
8. Make a shark-infested punch bowl like Flip Flops & Pop Tarts’ with blue Hawaiian Punch and a shark fin ice cube tray.
9. From lime margaritas to hard lemonades, Shark Attack Cocktails has some killer drinks to sample for the occasion.
No Shark Week party is complete without an invitation. The shark-themed Evite invitation below is perfect for a viewing party.