Summer is the perfect time to lounge by the pool with a refreshing drink and do absolutely nothing … and what better way to relax (really relax) than with a hard lemonade in hand? We created the perfect poolside companion using fresh fruits, vodka, and DIY shatter-proof cups made of oranges. Just follow the simple recipe below and you’ll snap into R&R mode in no time.
- 2 cups green grapes (plus a few for garnish)
- 2 lemons, peeled and seeded (plus a few slices for garnish)
- 2 kiwis, peeled (plus a few slices for garnish)
- 2 large oranges (or more, depending on how many cups needed) with flat bottoms
- 1 tablespoon honey or sugar
- 3 cups ice
- 1 cup vodka or tequila
- Bamboo skewers
Step 1: Slice a half inch from the top of each orange and carefully hollow out using a knife. Dig out any remains with a spoon.
Step 2: Once oranges have been transformed into cups, rinse off and let chill in fridge.
Step 3: Skewer sliced lemons, kiwis and grapes and set aside for garnish.
Step 4: Place grapes, lemons, kiwis, honey, ice and vodka in blender and mix until smooth.
Step 5: Pour into orange cup and top with fruit skewer and straw.
Tip: If hollowing out oranges for cups is too time consuming, simply use plastic margarita or wine cups instead. Cheers!