For a genius treat to honor your favorite grad, check out these DIY graduation cupcake toppers from Stefanie at Anna and Blue Paperie. You can make the cupcakes yourself or purchase them from a bakery or supermarket, then decorate them with these (delicious!) DIY graduation caps and diplomas.
- Cupcakes with white frosting
- Red candies (Stefanie used Red Hots, but you could also use mini M&Ms)
- Square chocolate cookies or candy (Stefanie used chocolate-covered graham crackers, but you could also use Ghirardelli chocolate squares)
- Strawberry Fruit Roll-ups cut into very thin strips 1 1/2 inches long
- Oreo Funstix cut into 1 1/2-inch to 2-inch pieces
- Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cups
- Red decorating gel
Step 1: Place a Reese’s Mini Peanut Butter Cup top down onto frosting.
Step 2: Turn cookie upside down, and add a touch of decorating gel to the middle of the cookie.
Step 3: Place cookie on top of the peanut butter cup, centering it. Refrigerate for a few minutes to set.
Step 4: Add a dab of decorating gel to two Fruit Roll-up strips and place in the middle of cookie. Add another dab on top.
Step 5: Place a Red Hot or mini M&M on top. Refrigerate for a few minutes to set.
Step 6: Wrap a Fruit Roll-up strip around a piece of Funstix and press at the point where the ends meet.
Step 7: Place Funstix on your cupcake and add a gold cupcake liner if you like.
Step 8: Repeat with as many cupcakes as you like.
Start planning your party by sending the Premium Evite invitation below or another one of our graduation invitations.
NEXT: Get even more graduation party ideas, or browse our graduation invitation gallery and find the perfect online invitation.