Make a spirited cake stand in your child’s school colors as featured in my “Got the World on a String” preschool graduation party.
Time: 20-30 minutes
- Hot-glue gun
- 2 pieces cardstock (12″ x 12″) in the color of your choice
- 12″ x 12″ piece of chipboard
- 6″ x 6″ chipboard box
- Thin ribbon in the same color as the cardstock
- 1 roll roping in gold or the color of your choice (available at crafts stores)
- 1 wooden furniture button (available at crafts stores)
- 1 drapery tassel in gold or the color of your choice (available at crafts stores)
Step 1: Begin by gluing a piece of 12″ x 12″ cardstock down to the 12″ x 12″ chipboard. Then cut your second piece of cardstock in half. Match up one corner of the cardstock to a top corner of the chipboard box and wrap it around to cover two sides. Repeat to cover the other two sides.
Step 2: Glue the 12″ x 12″ chipboard piece to the bottom of the box, which will actually become your top.
Step 3: Glue matching ribbon around the raw edge of the chipboard to finish it.
Step 4: Glue one furniture button down to the middle of the top of the hat, then wrap the roping around the button and glue all the way down to one corner of the hat. Then hot-glue the tassel onto the end of the roping so it hangs off the edge.
NEXT: Check out my whole “Got the World on a String” preschool graduation party!Print