Save the corks from wine bottles to create decorations for an upcoming wine and cheese night or wine-tasting party — or host a crafting night and make these DIYs with friends. Raise a glass to these creative wine cork DIYs, brought to you by Evite in partnership with Cavit wines.
1. Cork Letters: Why not spruce up your bar or dinner table? Purchase 3-D paper-mâché letters (available at craft stores), then use a hot-glue gun to affix one end of each cork onto a letter. Continue until the paper-mâché letters are fully covered in corks.
2. Cork Wine Stoppers: Pop open a bottle of wine (we used Cavit*) and add some pizazz by attaching one end of the cork to a geode — a stone lined with crystals (available online). Just hot-glue the geode to a cork and let dry.
3. Cork Hurricane Vase: Brighten up the atmosphere with candles — in a cork-filled vase! Place a smaller cylinder vase inside a larger vase, and fill the empty space in between with corks. Then put a pillar candle (or flowers) inside the smaller vase.
4. Cork Place Card Holders: Say cheers to your guests and personalize your party by creating place cards. Cut a lengthwise sliver off the side of each cork with a utility knife to create a flat base so the cork won’t roll. Then make a slit down the length of the opposite side of the cork and insert your place card.
5. Wine Cork Charms: Help guests unwind and keep track of their glasses at your celebration with these DIY wine cork charms.
NEXT: Get even more DIY ideas!
©2015 Palm Bay International, Boca Raton, FloridaPrint