You’re at a party. You meet a cute guy or girl. You talk, you laugh, you talk some more. But how do you take it to the next level? Not that level. You just met, like, 20 minutes ago. Baby steps. We mean the next level as in, how do you swap numbers? Check out our foolproof tips for getting someone’s digits at a party.
1. Take a #selfie. If you’re trying to get someone’s number at a party, whip out your phone, snap a quick pic together, then offer to text it to them. Selfies not your thing? No problem. Take a group picture, then get everyone’s number so you can text it to them. You’ll still get that special someone’s digits, and at the end of the day that’s what really matters.
2. Write it on a cocktail napkin. If you’re willing to leave your love life in the hands of fate, try taking this tip for a test drive. On your way out of the party, scribble your digits on a cocktail napkin, hand it to your admirer and say, “I think you dropped this.” Ball’s in their court now.
3. Trade business cards. Who says you can’t mix business with pleasure? Hey, talking about work is an easy way to make casual conversation and see if there’s a connection without all of the pressure. You can even pretend you’re only making a business inquiry before you take the next step and go all in.
4. Fake a dead phone. Cat got your tongue? If someone’s caught your eye but you just can’t work up the nerve to ask for their digits, try this approach instead. Pretend your phone has died, ask to borrow theirs, then send yourself a text that says: “Thanks for letting me borrow your phone! — [Your Name Here].” That way, your name and number will be listed in their text history the next morning. Sneaky, right?
5. Just ask. It’s 2015, ladies and gents. It’s about time you go after what you want. And right now, what you want is that special someone’s phone number. If the two of you have been talking and laughing and flirting the night away, it’s time to make your move. Casually mention that you’ve had a lot of fun and you’d like to hang out some time, then see how they react. Are they smiling and nodding, or backing away slowly? If you’re getting a good vibe, seal the deal with “Any chance I could get your number?” Smooth move, Rico Suave.Print