Give traditional holiday ham a tropical twist by adding a gourmet glaze of ginger and pineapple juice. Get the recipe below, brought to you by Evite in partnership with Dole.
- 4 cups 100% DOLE® Canned Pineapple Juice
- 2 pieces fresh ginger (1-inch each), peeled and sliced
- 3 large garlic cloves, smashed
- 10 whole cloves
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 bone-in fully cooked ham (6-8 pounds)
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine juice, ginger, garlic, cloves, Dijon and sugar in a small pot. Bring to boil, whisking occasionally, and reduce until syrupy. Remove from heat. Reserve 1 cup of glaze to serve as a sauce with ham.
Score surface of ham in diamond pattern, making 1/4-inch deep cuts. Place in a roasting pan lined with foil. Cover pan tightly with foil.
Bake ham according to package directions. During the last 40 minutes of baking, brush ham with glaze. Continue baking uncovered until meat thermometer reaches 140 degrees.
Serve reserved sauce with ham slices.