Recipe from Gabe Huerta
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 3 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 8 pounds baby back ribs
- 1 can beer
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeño chiles (optional)
- BBQ sauce (Gabe prefers Sweet Baby Ray’s)
Season ribs with rub and let stand for at least 15 minutes.
Prepare grill with 1 cup water-soaked hickory-wood smoke chips per 5 pounds of charcoal briquettes and bring to low to medium heat.
Place ribs bone-side down on the grill for 30 minutes.
Smother ribs with mopping sauce and grill on low for 30 minutes, then place ribs on direct heat for 10 to 15 more.
Baste ribs with BBQ sauce and grill for an additional 5 to 10 minutes on each side or until sauce is caramelized, making sure ribs don't burn.
Cut into pieces and serve.