Easy Decorating Tips to Upgrade Any Store-Bought Cake
Don’t spend $40, $50 or $60 on your next party cake! For a third of the cost, we’ll show you how to create beautiful and simple birthday and shower cakes that will be the perfect centerpiece for your next baby shower, bridal shower or kid’s party! Watch the video below to learn how to make your own, then read the recipe to get all the ingredients. Need help bringing your party to life? Find party supplies organized by theme in our one-stop Amazon shop.
1. Place cake on a raised surface for easy piping.
2. Cut tip off sandwich bag and insert rosette piping tip.
3. Mix 8 oz. of frosting with a 4-5 drops of yellow food coloring until it becomes a darker yellow or light orange. Fill mixed frosting into piping bag.
4. Start at base of cake and start adding rosettes horizontally. Continue until frosting in bag nearly runs out. Roughly 2 rows.
5. Mix 8 oz. of frosting with 1-2 drops of yellow food coloring. Mixed color should be a light pastel yellow. Fill mixed frosting into the same piping bag (you want the darker yellow/orange to mix with the pastel yellow).
We are working on adding the ability for your my <3 to save to your Evite account. For now, give us the same email address you use to log into Evite and we'll save your likes for when we do connect the two!