Get the recipe below, brought to you by Evite in partnership with Heineken.
Enjoy Heineken Responsibly. Brewed in Holland. Imported by Heineken USA Inc.,
New York, NY. ©2014 HEINEKEN® Lager Beer.
- 2 cups loosely measured (8 ounces), shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups loosely measured (8 ounces) shredded Colby jack cheese
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup (8 ounces) of lager (we used Heineken)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half
- Generous splash of hot sauce
- Splash of Worcester sauce
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 loaf of French bread, cut into large cubes for dipping
- Wooden skewers
In a small bowl toss the shredded cheeses with the flour. Set aside.
In a medium sauce pan, warm the beer and cream over medium heat until simmering. Add the cheese mixture in batches, whisking to combine until all the cheese is added.
Reduce heat to low and add in hot sauce, Worcester, salt, and pepper. Simmer over low heat for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese sauce has thickened and is smooth.
Transfer to a serving bowl or fondue pot and serve warm with cubed French bread and wooden skewers for dipping.