Put a spicy spin on classic mac & cheese by adding chipotle peppers, then pile it atop a hot dog for the ultimate tailgating treat. Get the recipe below, brought to you by Evite in partnership with Dietz & Watson™.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 cups diced Dietz & Watson™ Black Forest Ham
- 4 cups cooked penne pasta (or elbow macaroni)
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 tbsp minced chipotle peppers (available in a can)
- 1 cup shredded Dietz & Watson™ Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 package Dietz & Watson™ Originals Organic Beef Franks
- 1 package hot dog buns
Heat a large sauté pan on medium heat and add oil.
Place in the onions and ham and heat for 1 minute.
Add the cooked pasta and combine.
Add the whipping cream and chipotle pepper paste and combine.
Add the shredded cheese.
Bring the dish to a low boil to reduce the sauce until it is slightly thickened.
Grill the beef franks until cooked all the way through.
Place the franks in a bun and top with mac and cheese.
Top with tomatoes and cilantro and serve.
NEXT: Get more tailgating recipes and ideas!