- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups kale, thick stems removed and leaves roughly chopped into thin shreds
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped into thin shreds
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and roughly chopped into thin shreds
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 3/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- Pinch of red pepper flake or cayenne pepper
Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Once the oil is warm, add in the kale, spinach, onion, garlic, and artichoke hearts. Sauté the vegetables for 3–4 minutes, or until the kale and spinach are wilted and most of the moisture from the vegetables has evaporated.
Add in the wine and stir to combine. Cook until the wine has evaporated and very little moisture remains on the bottom of the pan.
Reduce the heat to low and stir in the mustard, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon, juice, and 1 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Simmer over low heat until the dip is thick and creamy, about 4 minutes. Season with black pepper and red pepper flake then pour into serving bowl. Garnish with the remaining cheese and serve immediately with crackers.
Dip can be made ahead and stored in a baking dish for up to a week. Reheat covered in a 325°F oven for 20 minutes, then uncovered for 5 additional minutes to brown the cheese.
Warm Crab Dip With Capers and Dill: Omit the kale, spinach, and artichokes (or leave them in) and add 1 pound of lump crabmeat (picked through for shells). Follow the same steps, adding the crab to the sautéed onions. Add 2 tablespoons of drained capers and 2 teaspoons of fresh or dried dill and a pinch of cayenne pepper or splash of red pepper sauce (Tabasco).