Dress up store-bought salad mix with homemade honey-mustard dressing, cucumbers, cranberries and feta cheese. The best part? It can be made a day in advance, making pre-party prep a breeze. Watch the video to get the recipe, brought to you by Evite in partnership with Rubbermaid® Easy Find Lids™.
- 1 small shallot, minced (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Small glass resealable container (such as Rubbermaid® 1.5 Cup Easy Find Lids™ Glass Container)
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups of canned mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 bags of Italian blend salad lettuce (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Large plastic resealable container (such as Rubbermaid® 2.5-Gallon Easy Find Lids™ Plastic Container)
Rinse lettuce and set aside. Prep salad ingredients such as mandarin oranges and English cucumber.
Combine all salad dressing ingredients in small glass resealable container.
Seal lid and shake for 30 seconds to combine ingredients.
Pour dressing into bottom of large glass resealable container. Layer cucumber, oranges, cranberries and almonds on top of dressing. Then pour in lettuce mix and top with feta cheese.
Seal lid onto container and place in refrigerator or cooler until ready to serve (up to one day ahead). Toss salad with tongs or shake sealed container, then serve.
NEXT: Get more salad recipes!