This fig and prosciutto pizza with crumbles of gorgonzola cheese is a delicious meal or appetizer to serve at a dinner party or casual get-together.
- 1-pound package pizza dough
- 2 cups crumbled gorgonzola cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 6 small fresh figs, cut in half (dried figs may be substituted if fresh figs are not in season)
- 2 tablespoons fig balsamic vinegar (or regular balsamic vinegar)
- 8 thin slices prosciutto (from two 3-ounce packages)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups arugula
- Pepper to taste
- Parchment paper
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Roll out dough on baking sheet. Sprinkle gorgonzola over dough. Sprinkle with pepper.
Place figs in medium bowl and drizzle with 1 tablespoon vinegar and set aside.
Bake pizza until crust is golden brown on bottom, 15-20 minutes. Immediately drape prosciutto slices over pizza, covering it completely. Arrange fig slices atop prosciutto. Bake until figs are just heated through, about 1 minute.
Transfer pizza to cutting board. Whisk remaining vinegar and oil in bowl and add arugula. Toss arugula and spread across pizza. Slice into small pieces to serve as an appetizer.