Nothing says Hanukkah quite like celebrating with family and friends! Finish off the evening’s festivities with this recipe for a homemade gelt cookie cake that will surely leave guests of all ages savoring their sweet tooth. Watch the video below to learn how to make your own, then read the instructions to get all the ingredients. Need help bringing your party to life? Find party supplies organized by theme in our one-stop Amazon shop.
- 1 Cup of Firmly Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup of Unsalted Butter, Softened
- 1 Tsp. of Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 1/2 Cups of All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp. of Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp. of Salt
- 4 Bags of Gelt Chocolates
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a skillet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the skillet, mix the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy and smooth.
- Add vanilla and salt and stir.
- Remove from stovetop.
- Add two eggs and all-purpose flour and stir.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Add gelt cookies on top.
- Put skillet into oven and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool and serve!