For taco meat
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 pounds lean ground turkey
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup tomato paste (4 ounces)
- 1 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 heads of romaine lettuce, washed and dried, then chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 head of red leaf lettuce, washed and dried, then chopped into bite-size pieces
- 14.5-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
Sides and toppings
- Gluten-free corn tortillas
- Gluten-free corn tortilla chips
- Shredded jack and cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Avocado salsa or guacamole
Heat a large nonstick sauté pan over medium-high heat; add oil. Once hot, add onion. Stir onions, add a sprinkle of salt, and sauté until soft and translucent, 2-3 minutes.
Add turkey meat, garlic, oregano, cumin, tomato paste, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine. Sauté over medium heat until meat is browned and cooked through, 7-10 minutes.
Serve taco meat in a crock pot or a warmed cast-iron serving dish.
Set up taco bar with tortillas and corn chips so that guests can help themselves to taco salad, nachos, or tacos.