Jazz up your champagne glasses this New Year’s Eve with these playfully snazzy and colorful DIY Fortune Cookies. With just a few ingredients and silly do-it-yourself “fortunes”, you will have your guests in awe and laughter over your creativity and originality! Watch the video below to learn how to make your own.
- Baking Pan (2)
- Muffin Tin
- Food Dye
- Chocolate Melts
- Fortune Papers
3 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch salt
1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1 oz pink frosting gel
1 oz black frosting gel
120z bag of pink chocolate melts
Pink edible glitter
Gold edible glitter
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a cookie sheet.
2. Write your silly fortunes on strips of paper about 4 inches long and 1/2 inch wide.
3. Generously grease 2 cookie sheets.
4. Mix the egg white and vanilla until foamy but not stiff.
5. Sift the flour, salt, and sugar and blend into the egg white mixture.
6. Place teaspoonfuls of the batter at least 4 inches apart on one of the prepared cookie sheets. Tilt the sheet, or use a small spatula, to move the batter into round shapes about 3 inches in diameter. Be careful to make batter as round and even as possible. *Do not make too many, because the cookie have to be hot to form them and once they cool it is too late. Start with 2 or 3 to a sheet and see how many you can do.
7. Use a toothpick to create the swirl patterns with the frosting gel.
8. Bake for 5 minutes or until cookie has turned a golden color 1/2 inch wide around the outer edge of the circle. The center will remain pale. While one sheet is baking, prepare the other.
Remove from oven and quickly move cookie with a wide spatula and place upside down on a wooden board. Quickly place the fortune on the cookie, close to the middle and fold the cookie in half. Place the folded edge across the rim of a measuring cup and pull the pointed edges down, one on the inside of the cup and one on the outside. Place folded cookies into the cups of a muffin tin or egg carton to hold their shape until firm.
9. Pipe melted pick chocolate onto the rim of the cookie, cover with edible glitter and let dry. Roughly 15-20min.
10. Place on rim of champagne glass and serve!
Start planning your party by sending this PREMIUM Evite invitation below. Or, treat your guests to Premium invitations all year long with the new Evite Annual Premium Pass!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.