Backyard barbecues are just peachy with grilled nectarines on the menu.
- 4 large nectarines, ripe but firm — buy a couple extra just in case, as it can be difficult to get the pit out if the nectarines aren’t ripe enough through the center
- 1 cup fresh whipped cream or whipped topping
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 cup vanilla wafers, crushed
- Mint and blueberries for garnish
Preheat the grill on high.
In a small bowl stir to combine the whipped cream with the almond extract, then chill.
Using a sharp knife, slice the nectarines in half around the pit. Twist the two sides of the nectarine at the same time in opposite directions to loosen the flesh from around the pit. Use a paring knife to remove the pit.
Place the nectarines onto the grill, cut side down. Grill for 3-4 minutes.
Serve half a nectarine with a scoop of whipped topping and sprinkle with cookie crumbles. Garnish with mint and blueberries.