This rainbow cupcake recipe was so easy and didn’t take much more time than baking regular cupcakes. Everyone at my daughters’ birthday party thought they were professionally made even though I used store-bought cake mix!
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist White cake mix
- Ingredients labeled on cake mix box (egg, vegetable oil and water)
- 1 box McCormicks® Assorted NEON! Food Colors & Egg Dyes
- Cupcake liners
- Buttercream frosting (homemade or store-bought)
- Neon sprinkles (available at cake supply stores, craft stores and online)
Follow the instructions on the back of the box to mix your cake batter. Then separate the cake batter into four equal parts, in four separate bowls.
Add 2-3 drops of food color into each bowl until you have achieved the desired color.
Spoon some of each color batter into cupcake liners in alternating layers.
Bake cupcakes according to the instructions on the box, then leave them to cool.
Ice cupcakes with frosting, then add sprinkles.