Serves 4-6 as an appetizer
- 1 cup kalamata olives, rinsed
- 1 cup Spanish Manzanilla olives, rinsed
- 1 cup diced hard manchego cheese
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 2 garlic cloves minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf Italian parsley
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Toss all the ingredients together and store in an airtight container and allow them to marinate for 24 hours before serving.
Lemon and parsley marinated olives and cherry tomatoes with fresh basil. To freshen up this recipe simply exchange the manchego for fresh mozzarella balls, exchange the Manzanilla olives for fresh cherry tomatoes, and fresh basil instead parsley. Instead of adding the basil while the olives marinate, wait and add in the chopped basil just before serving.