This mango swordfish with a side of citrus salsa makes for a great alternative to traditional backyard barbecue fare and is perfect for a summertime bash, such as Sandra Lee’s afternoon delight garden party.
- 4 swordfish steaks, 1 inch thick
- 5 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1/4 cup mango nectar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 cup refrigerated citrus salad, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup canned mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 scallion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, seeded, deveined and minced
For mango swordfish: Place swordfish steaks in a large zip-top plastic bag. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 tablespoons oil, mango nectar, balsamic vinegar and jerk seasoning. Pour mixture into bag with swordfish. Squeeze air out of bag and seal.
Marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours (but no longer), turning occasionally. Remove bag from refrigerator and let stand on counter for 30 minutes before cooking.
In a large skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Remove swordfish from marinade and shake off excess (discard marinade). Place swordfish in skillet and cook for 5 minutes per side.
For citrus salsa: In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Season with salt to taste.
Serve citrus salsa on top of or alongside swordfish steaks.
More from Sandra Lee
Check out Sandra’s exclusive collection of premium, seasonal Evite invitations designed to coordinate with her party themes. Evite has also teamed up with Sandra on a series of party-planning content that will appear regularly in Sandra Lee magazine — don’t miss it! Still can’t get enough Sandra? Visit SandraLee.com for more of Sandra’s expert advice and inspiration.