- 12 wooden skewers
- 1/4 medium seedless watermelon, cut into 12 one-inch cubes
- 12 one-inch cubes of firm feta cheese
- 12 pitted kalamata olives
- 12 small fresh basil leaves or 1/4 cup of fresh basil, cut into basil chiffonade (thin basil ribbons)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
In a small bowl, whisk to combine the olive oil, honey, balsamic vinegar, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside.
Spear a cube of cheese to the bottom of the skewer with a flat side down so the skewer will stand on a platter. Add watermelon cube, basil leaf, and olive to each skewer. Arrange the skewers on a platter and refrigerate. Just before serving, drizzle with vinaigrette and serve cold.
Cantaloupe Mozzarella Bites: Substitute cantaloupe for watermelon and mozzarella for feta. Spear cantaloupe and mozzarella on skewers, arrange on a platter, and refrigerate. Just before serving, scatter the basil over the top, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt. Serve cold.