Popcorn is the perfect party snack no matter who you’re with or what you’re doing but it certainly doesn’t have to be topped with just butter anymore.
Here are three delicious new ways to top your pop!
Cheddar Cheesy Popcorn
8 cups popped corn
½ cup of melted butter
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup cheddar cheese powder
½ teaspoon mustard powder
½ teaspoon chili or cayenne powder (chili powder will be milder)
In a small bowl, mix together the cheddar cheese powder, mustard powder, and chili powder, set aside.
In a small sauce pan or microwave, melt the butter. Pour the melted butter over the popcorn and shake or stir to coat popcorn evenly. Immediately pour the cheese mixture over the buttered popcorn; shake or stir to coat evenly.
Pour the Cheddar Cheese Popcorn mixture into a large roasting pan. Place in the preheated oven and bake for approximately 20-30 minutes, stirring every 10 to 15 minutes until the popcorn mixture has dried out and the moisture is gone. Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Spicy Cilantro Lime Popcorn
- 8 cups popped corn
- ½ cup of melted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Salt, to taste
Pour your popcorn in a large bowl and coat it evenly with melted butter. Sprinkle lime juice, salt, cayenne pepper, and cilantro over the top and toss to combine.
8 cups of popcorn
½ cup melted butter
1 cup of bittersweet chocolate chips
1 cup crushed graham crackers (10-12 graham crackers)
2 cups mini marshmallows
- Pop 8 cups of popcorn, salt liberally and place in a large bowl. Then place on a cookie sheet.
- In a small sauce pan or microwave, melt the butter. Pour the melted butter evenly over the popcorn.
- Sprinkle about a ½ cup of crushed graham crackers on top of the popcorn.
- Pour a cup of mini marshmallows right over the top.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top evenly.
- Then mix it all together and serve.