Perfect for a patriotic party (or any outdoor celebration), these beautiful burgers are layered with everything that makes a mouthful of BBQ great. Try serving these loaded BBQ burgers at a Memorial Day celebration or 4th of July bash!
Grill: 20 minutes; makes 8 servings
- 3 pounds 80 to 85% lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 red sweet peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 12 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and cut in half
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 8 hamburger or sandwich rolls, split and toasted
1. In a bowl combine beef, salt, and pepper. Shape into 8 patties about 3⁄4 inch thick. Cover and refrigerate.
2. Place peppers and onions on large piece of foil. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with lemon pepper. Bring up edges and fold to create a packet.
3. Heat grill to medium-high heat. Add packet to grill and cook for 8 minutes. Brush both sides of burgers with oil and add to grill. Turn packet. Grill for about 6 minutes. Turn burgers and packet and grill about 6 minutes.
4. Remove packet from grill. Top burgers with cheese and grill for about 1 minute until cheese is melted. Transfer burgers to bottom buns. Using tongs carefully open packet and top burgers with cooked onions and peppers. Top burgers with bacon and BBQ sauce. Add top buns.
More from Sandra Lee
Check out Sandra’s exclusive collection of premium, seasonal Evite invitations designed to coordinate with her party themes. Evite has also teamed up with Sandra on a series of party-planning content that will appear regularly in Sandra Lee magazine — don’t miss it! Still can’t get enough Sandra? Visit SandraLee.com for more of Sandra’s expert advice and inspiration.