- 1 seedless cucumber cut into 24 to 36 quarter-inch slices
- 2/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried or fresh dill, finely chopped (if fresh)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pinch kosher salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 4 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Fresh dill for garnish
- 2 tablespoons caper berries
Arrange cucumbers on a serving platter.
In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, dill, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip with cream cheese mixture and pipe onto cucumber slices.
Cut salmon into small thin slices, roll, and place onto cucumbers. Garnish with fresh dill and a caper berry.
For a more colorful vegetarian canapé, omit the salmon and garnish each cucumber with ½ cherry tomato, a sprig of dill, and a caper berry.