1 1/4 Cups, which marinates up to 2 pounds of fish or chicken
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
Whisk all the marinade ingredients together.
Decide which sort of meat will be used and marinate according to the following times:
• Chicken: Marinate minimum 20 minutes up to 24 hours.
• Fish: Any thick-fleshed fish can be marinated up to half an hour. (After a half hour, the acid will begin to cook the flesh of the fish.)
• Shrimp: Marinate up to 20 minutes.