- 1/4 cup orange blossom honey
- 1/4 cup spiced dark rum
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur (Grand Marnier)
- 1 navel orange, washed and sliced
- 1 lemon, washed and sliced
- 2 ripe peaches, washed, pitted, and cut into wedges
- 2 ripe nectarines, washed, pitted, and cut into wedges
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 bottle Riesling or fruity pinot grigio
- Sparkling soda water, to top off glasses of sangria at table
In a large pitcher, combine all ingredients except for soda water. Cover and chill sangria several hours or overnight.
To serve, spoon the fruit slices into glasses and pour sangria on top, leaving a little room in each glass. Top off the glasses with a splash of soda water.
Sparkling Prosecco Sangria: Replace the Riesling with 6 cups of peach nectar or juice. Refrigerate overnight as directed with fruit, rum, and orange liqueur. Fill each glass with fruit and peach juice, then finish with chilled prosecco.