Get hooked on this teriyaki salmon kabob recipe. Tip: Make it the night before so day-of party prep goes swimmingly.
- 12 bamboo skewers
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pound salmon, skinned and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks (with two or three layers of onion)
- 1 sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks (optional)
- 12 to 15 cherry tomatoes (optional)
Soak skewers in water for at least a half-hour or up to overnight.
In a large bowl, mix soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic until the sugar is dissolved. Add the salmon and toss to completely coat it with the marinade. Cover and chill for at least an hour and up to overnight.
Thread the salmon, red onion, peppers, pineapple and cherry tomatoes onto the skewers, alternating ingredients. (If you like, you can prepare the kabobs up to this point the night before.)
Preheat grill to high and oil the grill grates. Grill kabobs for about 4 to 8 minutes, turning as each side browns, until salmon is just barely cooked through.