Once you’ve got these top 5 appetizers in your recipe repertoire, you’ll have covered every conceivable party and event you plan to host.
1. The traditional first course of an Italian meal, a spread of antipasto can include all manner of savory treats, including cured meats, a variety of cheeses, marinated olives, and more.
2. We’re not just talking onion soup mix stirred into sour cream (although we love that, too). Dips such as this red-pepper hummus can be downright elegant and even healthful when served with crudites or whole-wheat crackers instead of chips.
3. Skewered apps, like these watermelon skewers, are easy for guests to handle since they don’t require a plate and can be composed of all manner of tasty things.
4. Elegant to look at and delicious to eat, canapés may take a little extra effort but are well worth it.
5. Miniature bites of deliciousness that are eaten directly with the hands without any dipping, skewering, or other special maneuvering required, finger foods are a party staple. Deviled eggs are a classic, perfect for picnics, BBQs, and holiday parties.