There are a handful of salad types that tend to make the most appearances at parties, so it’s important to have a fantastic recipe for each and every one. Take a look at our Top 5 salads that make the entertaining rounds and add our awesome recipes to your collection.
1. Popular offerings at dinner parties, luncheons, brunches, and buffets, green salads tend to get passed over by guests in favor of more glamorous menu items. This big, beautiful strawberry spinach salad defies the green-vegetable odds – and looks beautiful to boot.
2. A crisp, flavorful chopped salad works wonderfully for brunches and showers. This Italian version is practically a meal in itself.
3. Beautiful to look at and healthful to eat, a fresh fruit salad is perfect for all manner of occasions. You can always just chop up your fruit of choice and throw it in a bowl, but this melon-and-berry salad drizzled in honey is worth the effort.
4. A classic menu item for picnics and BBQs, potato salad gets a bad rap for being high in calories and fat but tastes so good we usually don’t care. This low-fat, guilt-free potato salad gives you the best of both worlds.
5. Another staple of outdoor feasts, pasta salad tends to be rustic, but with the right recipe it can be an elegant and lovely addition to a dinner party or buffet. This particular version of pasta salad features pesto and peas, a fresh alternative to mayonnaise-laden macaroni.