Lime juice, honey, olive oil and salt are the only ingredients in the tangy dressing for this colorful, tropical salad. Top it off with fresh fruit for an unexpected contrast to the avocado and greens.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced (about 3 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces fresh spinach leaves
- 2 large avocados cut in bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups sliced strawberries or mango cut in bite-sized pieces (1 pint strawberries or 2 mangos)
- 1 cup fresh pineapple cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1/3 cup shaved Parmesan (optional)
Combine the olive oil, lime juice, honey and salt in a small jar, then shake to make the dressing.
Put the spinach in a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
Top with the avocado, fruit, Parmesan and red onion.