Watch the video below to see how makeup artist Ella Pons creates a showstopper sparkly mask with the help of our model Jennifer Kahn of Linen, Lace, & Love. Hire a makeup artist at your New Year’s or Mardi Gras party to copy this look and you and your guests will have a ball!
- Makeup sponge
- Cup of water
- Gold and black water-based face paints (available at costume and some arts and crafts stores)
- Small makeup brush
- Glitter glue (available at beauty supply stores — look for glitter glue meant for makeup, not craft projects)
- Rhinestone (available at arts and crafts stores)
- Gold leaf (available at arts and crafts stores)
- Black eyeliner
- Spirit gum (available at costume and some party supply stores)
Step 1: Dip your makeup sponge in your cup of water, then wipe sponge on your face paint and apply a base of gold paint across the eye area.
Step 2: Dip the end of the handle of your makeup brush in water, dip in large glitter, and roll glitter onto gold base paint over eyes.
Step 3: Apply eyeliner using small makeup brush.
Step 4: Apply glitter glue where you would like your gold leaf, then apply gold leaf.
Step 5: Glue on rhinestone using spirit gum.
Step 6: Add more gold leaf below eyes using glitter glue.
For an even more dramatic effect, add more black eyeliner around your eyes and false eyelashes.
Ella shared her skills at our Evite holiday party, and people were dazzled by the results!