What would a baby shower be without baby shower games? Save yourself hours of searching online for the perfect party game by taking a look at our list below featuring five of our favorite baby shower games. Plan a party to remember for the parents-to-be with these activities that encourage friendly competition among guests. P.S. Don’t forget to come bearing gifts! If there’s anything new parents need, it’s diapers – and lots of them! Read below to learn the rules for all the activities.
1. Diaper Raffle: Did you know most babies go through 5000+ diapers before they become potty trained*?! Combine practicality and party fun with our first baby shower game: a diaper raffle. First, inform guests in advance that they will receive a raffle ticket for each package of diapers they bring to the shower. If they want more tickets, then they have to bring more boxes. After all, there’s no such thing as too many diapers when you’re getting ready to bring a new baby home (plus,90% of experienced moms wish they had registered for more diapers*). Pro-Tip: We recommend bringing diapers in size 1 and up to the shower, since some babies skip size newborn entirely.
On the day of the event, have each guest put the drawing-halves of their tickets into a container before any of the games begin. At the conclusion of each game, allow the winner to draw a ticket from the container and award a prize to the ticket-holder.
2. Don’t Say Baby: Mum’s the word when it comes to saying ‘baby’! Need an easy ice breaker to start off the shower? As each guest arrives, give them a clothespin to wear on their shirts and tell them that they can’t say ‘baby’ for the duration of the shower (or until it’s time to open presents). If you hear someone else saying the forbidden word, you steal the rule breaker’s pin. At the end of the game, the person with the most pins wins a gift.
3. Blindfolded Diaper Challenge: If there’s one thing new parents need to be prepared for, it’s changing diapers. The ability to pull off a diaper change with your eyes closed definitely can come in handy for middle-of-the-night diaper changes. Put your guests to the test by handing them a blindfold, baby doll and diaper, then compete to see who can change a diaper the fastest! If the parents-to-be can change a diaper blindfolded, they should have no problem when the real baby arrives!
4. Name That Baby Product: Think you’ve got what it takes to guess all these unusual baby products? Let guests give it their best shot with this “Name That Baby Product” game. The catch? They only get to look at the tray for two minutes. After the time is up, give each guest a pen and paper and ask them to list as many baby products as they can remember from the tray in 5 minutes. Award a prize to the guest with the most products! Need ideas? We included a pee-pee tee pee, teething ring, bottle brush and infant teething toothbrush. The more unsual the products, the more fun the game!
5. Guess the Baby: Add a personal touch to your party and let guests relive their childhoods. To prep for this party game, start planning at the invitation stage. Ask everyone to bring (or email) a baby photo of themselves (preferably under age two). As guests arrive at the party, discreetly collect their photos. Create a poster display of all the photos with corresponding numbers and give each guest a sheet of paper for their guesses on who’s who. Whoever guesses the most babies correctly wins a prize. Alternative: If the parents-to-be are into pop culture, try a celebrity baby guessing game.
Start planning your next baby shower by sending the free Evite invitation below.
*Based on sales data