Grilling season is right around the corner, which means there’s no better time to invite friends over for a backyard barbecue or summer soirée. Get five of our favorite party hacks below, brought to you by Evite in partnership with Sam’s Club.
1. Bug-Free Drink Hats: Warm summer weather may mean more outdoor parties and backyard BBQs, but it also brings bugs. Keep bugs out of your beverages by making this super simple DIY drink cover. All you need is a cupcake liner! Just make a small hole in the center of the liner, pop a straw through, cover your filled glass and sip away. It’s both fun and functional and you can even purchase liners in a color palette that matches your theme to pull the whole party together. Pro-tip: Use a hole punch to create a perfect circle and prevent the paper from tearing.
2. Time-Saving Sweets: Beat the summer heat at your next party by pre-scooping ice cream into muffin tins so you can easily offer guests single servings to please everyone’s sweet tooth. Scoop individual servings into cupcake liners before guests arrive, then keep them in the freezer until right before you’re ready to dish up dessert. Not only does it make serving — and eating — ice cream easier, it also helps minimize the mess and slows down melting. Pro-tip: Remove the carton from the freezer a few minutes before serving to let it soften slightly, then run your ice cream scooper under hot water before serving to prevent the ice cream from sticking to the scooper.
3. Handy Paper Towel Holder: If you have a garden flag holder handy, use it to have paper towels ready for unexpected spills. That way, paper towels will be readily available at any time and clean-up will be a breeze. Keep it in a convenient location next to a grill or the main food table.
4. Pretty-All-Day Food Display: Keep your side dishes fresh — and keep bugs at bay — by serving them in large glass serving jars with lids. Just leave out a few pairs of tongs and serving spoons and set up your table buffet style so guests can serve themselves.
5. Citronella Candle Upgrade: For an all-natural way to get mosquitos off the guest list at your next outdoor gathering, try this simple mosquito repellant mason jar that uses rosemary, eucalyptus oil and lemon and lime slices. Just add all of the ingredients to mason jar filled with water, then float a tea light candle on top. Not only does it keep the bugs away, it looks great too!
Start planning your next summer party with the free Evite invitation below.
NEXT: Get more BBQ ideas!