Style a fun vintage football party like mine, complete with a tablescape featuring the perfect Home Bowl goodies and refreshments for game day, brought to you by Evite in partnership with Coca-Cola® and NABISCO.
Classic Home Bowl Party: Invitation
Classic Home Bowl Party: Food and Drinks
The food and drinks are undoubtedly the most vital parts of a game-viewing party. Be sure to plan a menu with mouthwatering snacks that your sports fans will cheer for, whatever the score! Start off with delicious Coca-Cola®-infused Chili with RITZ Crackers on the side, then get creative with a RITZ Cheesy Football that is sure to score big in your presentation. Spice up the traditional chicken dish with Coca-Cola® BBQ Wings and offer up some TRISCUIT Crackers and WHEAT THINS Snacks for guests to munch on throughout the game. Accentuate your spread with RITZ Cracker sandwiches, Pigskins in a Blanket and a layered dip! Make sure to keep the cheering squad hydrated with ice-cold Coca-Cola® beverages and satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth with Mini OREO Surprise Cupcakes!
Classic Home Bowl Party: Decorations
From football-themed embellishments to chalkboard details, highlight your tablescape with sports decor with a classic gridiron feel. Utilize distressed crates and baskets to add height and layers to your presentation, and be creative with vintage-looking pieces to display NABISCO snacks and Coca-Cola® beverages. Bring the field indoors by covering your table with artificial grass and extend this fun accent to a DIY tray! Include printable paper products, pennant flags and cupcake toppers, as well as miniature chalkboard stands as food labels. Finish off your table with fabric banners in a variety of colors and patterns to match your decorations and show your team spirit!
Make sure to set up an inviting game-watching space for your guests to huddle up, enjoy their refreshments and root for the home team! Easily add coordinating fabrics to existing pillows, decorate with additional football paraphernalia and serve refills on a DIY chalkboard tray. Make sure to take a time out to take plenty of pictures and have fun with photo booth props to create memories of the get-together! No matter what team your sports fans are cheering for, your classic Home Bowl football party is sure to get the biggest applause of all!
Classic Home Bowl Party: Guest DIY
To make a DIY artificial grass or chalkboard drinks tray to bring as a gift for the host, watch the video below and follow along with the steps.
- Tray of your choosing
- Artificial grass
- Sharp scissors
- Chalkboard paint
- Chalk or chalk pens
Select the type of tray you want to use. A wood or metal tray works best to coordinate with the football motif. And pay close attention to the depth of the tray, especially if you are adding the artificial grass, as the surface will be raised a bit.
Artificial grass tray
Creating a drinks tray with artificial grass is super simple, yet it can create a big impact!
- Measure the artificial grass to the size of the interior of your tray.
- Cut the artificial grass with sharp scissors. Be careful when using sharp scissors.
- Insert the cut artificial grass within the tray enclosure. While you can easily glue it down, consider making it removable so that the tray can be functional throughout the year, rather than be limited to sports-related events. Add some Coca-Cola® refreshments and NABISCO snacks and you have the ultimate multipurpose gift!
Another fun option is to give the host or hostess a chalkboard drinks tray!
- Carefully paint the inside surface of the tray with chalkboard paint and allow it to dry thoroughly for 72 hours or as directed on the packaging. If necessary, cover the sides of the tray with painter’s tape to facilitate the painting process.
- Once dry, have fun drawing and writing messages directly onto the tray! You can simply use chalk, or to avoid smudging, try a chalk pen that can be wiped off with a damp paper cloth so, again, the gift can be useful all year long!
Photography – Third and Olive Photography
The “Home Bowl” is not associated with or authorized by the National Football League. 1890717 ME. © “Coca-Cola” is a registered trademark of The Coca-Cola Company. © Mondelēz International group.