Celeb chef Rick Bayless shares his top party pointers, best party menu, and latest original cocktail recipe at SOBEWFF.
Here’s Rick’s recipe for a refreshing twist on a classic mojito, perfect for summer soirees:
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 slice habanero chili (not chopped)
- 2 quarter-size slices of fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- 10 leaves fresh mint
- 1 1/2 ounces fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 ounces silver tequila or rum
- Club soda
In a small saucepan, combine sugar, water, and lime juice. Set over medium-high heat and add chopped ginger and habanero. Bring to a simmer, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar granules. Remove from heat and cool. Strain out ginger and habanero. Put the mint leaves and ginger slices in a tall 12-ounce glass. Use a muddler or the handle of a wooden spoon to crush the fresh ginger and mint. Fill the glass with ice. Add the tequila and top with a little club soda.
Check out all the tips and trends from SOBEWFF, courtesy of Evite!
P.S. Looking for a groovy party soundtrack? Evite’s teamed up with DJ Nahchey to deliver the coolest summer playlists.