Having a birthday in October is the best of both worlds…or should we say underworlds!
This creepy but cute DIY Halloween birthday garland was inspired by this spooktacular Evite Halloween birthday invitation. With a few simple materials, you can make a one-of-a-kind birthday garland with a huge impact that will be sure to fright and delight your party guests! They’re dying to celebrate you!
We’re so excited to show you how to create this garland yourself.
- Small Styrofoam Skulls
- Decorative Halloween Paper
- Orange Pom-Poms
- Multiple Scraps of Black and Gray Fabric
- Long Black Rope
- Strand of Orange Lights
- Floral Wire
- Glue Gun
Party Hats for Skulls
1. Start by crafting party hats for your skulls. Cut a small circle out of fun Halloween paper.
2. Cut two diagonal edges off the circle so that it can be rolled into a cone shape.
3. Roll cone edges until the sides meet, and hot glue or tape together.
4. Hot glue a pom-pom to the top of the cone and glue the party hat to the skull.
5. Hot glue a piece of floral wire to the back of the skull to help attach to the garland.
1. Roughly cut and gather individual scraps of black and gray fabric. Use a variety of different shades, textures and materials. Make them raggedy by taking your scissors and cutting holes and jagged edges in the fabric.
2. Cut a long piece of black rope to the size of your garland and hang.
3. Tie and drape the scraps of fabric along the rope until the rope is completely covered and creepy.
4. Sloppily weave a strand of lights throughout the garland.
5. Attach the skulls by twisting the floral wire around the garland and start celebrating!
Tip: Even though it’s a Halloween birthday party, you don’t need the stress of costumes. Keep it light and easy! Give your guests the option to wear Halloween themed T-shirts, spooky socks or even just black and orange!
Happy Halloween Birthday!
Now, round up your guests with the invitation that inspired this garland:Print