Calling everyone out there who is SO ready for springtime! Spring is such a fun time to refresh the house, whether it’s with fresh linens or gorgeous blooms. And with florals on the mind, I’ve been having so much fun coming up with DIYs to celebrate the season!
Spring is such a fun time for baby showers. But when you’re invited to a baby shower, it can feel like the pressure is on. What in the world do you bring?! What if you’re on a budget? And what if you want something personalized? This DIY Floral Letter is the perfect option when you want something gorgeous and straight from the heart. Plus, it’s so easy and inexpensive to make — only a few dollars in materials! This is the cutest baby shower decoration for celebrating all of those moms-to-be in your life, as well as a timeless nursery decoration for years down the road. I’m obsessed!
You may be thinking this DIY looks complicated, but I promise, it will come together in a few simple steps. All you need is a wood letter (or letters) representing baby’s first initial, fake flowers of your choice, a hot glue gun, ribbon, and scissors. That’s it!
To make this super easy DIY, start out by prepping all of the flowers. Using your scissors, clip the flowers off of the stems so they can lay flat. Once they’re all cut and before you glue them down, lay your flowers out on your letter to see where you want each flower to go! Use a variety of colors and sizes to make your design.
Once you have everything laid out in a way you absolutely love, add hot glue to the back of each of your flowers and press and hold it onto the wood letter for about 10 seconds or until the glue is dry. Repeat that same step until your letter is completely covered with flowers. If you have any open areas left on your letter, fill them in with smaller flowers or greenery.
Once your letter is decked out, it’s time to add a ribbon for hanging! Cut a six-inch piece of ribbon and hot glue each end to the back of your letter. Let the glue dry completely, and then you’re all done! It’s ready to wrap as a gorgeous baby shower gift!
Wood letter of your choice
Fake flowers of your choice
A hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Using your scissors, clip the flowers off of the stem.
2. Lay out your flowers on the letter before you hot glue everything down. Use a variety of different colors and sizes. By laying it out first, you know if you have enough flowers and can make the layout looks good.
3. Place hot glue on the back of your flower and press and hold onto the wood letter for about 10 seconds, or until the glue is dry.
4. Repeat step 3 until your letter is completely covered with flowers. If you have any open areas, add smaller flowers or greenery to fill it in.
5. Cut a 6-inch piece of ribbon and hot glue each end to the back of your letter for hanging.
6. Let it dry completely, and then it’s all done!