I love hosting baby showers because it is such a joyous time to bring friends and family together and celebrate the soon-to-be mom and bundle of joy! When I’m planning a party, I like to create a cohesive theme starting with the invitations. I discovered a Rainbow Baby Shower invitation on Evite, and loved the idea of designing a magical rainbow-themed baby shower.
I’m excited to show you how to make a rainbow door hanger on Evite’s IGTV series, Crafting the Party! This hanger welcomes the mom-to-be to the shower, and doubles as a keepsake she can hang in the baby’s nursery. This project is so easy—you can make it under 30 minutes. Happy crafting!
- 16-18 inch foam wreath form
- Craft knife
- 6-8 ribbons in the colors of the rainbow
- Fishing line
- White felt
- Optional: Wood letters
1. Use the craft knife to cut the wreath form in half. Keep one half for this project, and set aside the other for another future project.
2. Use the pencil to divide the wreath form into even sections. There should be a section for each color of ribbon.
3. Take the first color of ribbon and glue the end to the back of the wreath form. Let the glue dry and then wrap the ribbon tightly around the wreath form, leaving no spaces. Cut the ribbon when you get to the end of the penciled section and secure with glue.
4. Repeat step 3 for each section/color of ribbon, making sure to secure the start and end of each ribbon on the back side of the wreath.
5. Next, cut four cloud shapes from the felt.
6. Glue two of the cloud shapes together, leaving an opening.
7. Stuff the opening with polyfil to create a cloud. Repeat to create a second cloud.
8. Glue the clouds to each end of the rainbow.
9. Cut enough fishing line to hang the rainbow. Glue each end of the fishing line to the back of the rainbow.
10. If you want to personalize your wreath, add the baby’s name in wood letters to the clouds or to a plaque that can be hung behind the rainbow.
Now, invite loved ones to your rainbow-themed shower with the Premium Evite invitation that inspired this DIY!
To watch Evite’s Crafting the Party IGTV series, visit Evite’s Instagram.Print