Raise your hand if you’re looking for the perfect summer-inspired treat! Everyone loves a snow cone, especially in the summer, and there’s no better time to enjoy this childhood favorite.
I’m so excited to be partnering with Evite in their new Crafting the Party IGTV series! Every week, Evite is featuring fun DIYs and I can’t wait to show how to create mine. When I’m planning for a summer party, I love incorporating something special and surprising, like these Snow Cone Cupcakes! This is a fun and crafty way to impress your guests, and they’re super easy to create.
You may be thinking this recipe is complicated, but I promise, it’s not difficult! All you need is your favorite homemade or store-bought cupcakes, small styrofoam cups, frosting, sugar sprinkles, and your favorite straws. In a few quick steps, you will have cupcakes that look like snow cones.
First, put the cupcakes into the styrofoam cups.
Place the frosting in the freezer for about 30 minutes so it can stiffen, and once it’s firm, use an ice cream scooper to place one scoop of frosting on each of the cupcakes.
Next, pour the sugar sprinkles into a small bowl.While holding the base of your cupcake over the bowl of sprinkles, gently roll the frosting in the sprinkles until it is thoroughly coated.
Be sure to pat the cupcake gently to make sure the sprinkles stick. Add more sprinkles if you notice any bare spots on your cupcakes.
Add a colorful straw, and these snow cones cupcakes are ready for your summer party!
- Baked cupcakes
- Sugar sprinkles
- Straws, cut in half
- 4-ounce styrofoam cups
- Remove the wrapper from each cupcake, and place inside 4-ounce styrofoam cups.
- Place frosting in the freezer for approximately 30 minutes to stiffen.
- After the frosting becomes firm, use an ice cream scooper to place one scoop of frosting on top of each cupcake. Use a bit of hot water to help you manipulate the frosting into an ice cream shape.
- Pour sugar sprinkles into a small bowl. While holding the base of your cupcake over the bowl of sprinkles, gently roll the frosting in the sprinkles until it is thoroughly coated. Be sure to pat the cupcake gently to make sure the sprinkles stick. Add more sprinkles if you notice any bare spots on your cupcakes.
- Cut your straws in half and insert each into a cupcake at a tilted angle.
And now, we’re ready to get everyone together to snack on these treats—preferably poolside—with this adorable Premium Invitation:
To watch Evite’s Crafting the Party IGTV series, visit Evite’s Instagram.Print