Try this fun alternative to the traditional birthday cake brought to you by Evite and Ignite Social Media in partnership with Reddi-wip that marries two of our favorite birthday staples — cake and ice cream!
You’ll need a gallon of your favorite ice cream, a box of ice cream sandwiches, 3/4 cup of your favorite cookie crushed up, half a jar of hot fudge, and a can of Reddi-wip. Follow the steps below for a sweet treat.
1. Take your ice cream out of the freezer and let it sit until soft.
2. While your ice cream thaws, line the bottom of your pan with plastic wrap, making sure there are a few extra inches hanging over the edges. You’ll use the plastic wrap to remove the cake from the pan once it’s finished.
3. Now spread a ½-inch layer of the softened ice cream across the bottom of the pan. Be sure to reach all the corners.
4. Next, line your ice cream sandwiches on top of the first layer of ice cream. Squeeze as many ice cream sandwiches as you can into your pan to ensure there are no open spaces.
5. Next, spread another layer of ice cream on top of the ice cream sandwiches.
6. Then, pull out the cake and turn it over onto a cookie sheet. Spread ½ of your jar of hot fudge topping on top of the ice cream.
7. Once your fudge topping is spread, sprinkle the crushed up cookies on top.
8. Fold the plastic wrap over the cake.
9. Finally, place it in the freezer for 3 1/2 hours to let it freeze all the way through. Add a hearty layer of Reddi-wip and one more layer of crushed cookies before bringing it out for the guest of honor to enjoy.
Watch as your tiny party-goers devour your homemade ice cream birthday cake with joy.
Get more Reddi-wip recipes here.