Toss the confetti and put on your party hats! This sweet celebration guide gives you all the tips and tricks you need to throw a kid’s birthday party with flying colors.
Confetti Colors Party Decorations
Cover your table with a red tablecloth or fabric. To set the scene, hang a polka-dot Happy Birthday garland across the front of your table and pinwheel decorations on the wall behind it. A balloon bouquet adds a punch of color. Pro tip: Get balloons blown up with helium for a few dollars at your local grocery store (or for a little more at a party supply store) on the day of your party.
Confetti Colors Party Food
Cake and ice cream are a kids’ birthday party classic, but if you’re planning on having your party at lunchtime, we recommend also serving healthy munchies like crackers and sandwiches. For a simple way to make the food look festive, set out colored trays, plates, napkins and polka dot and striped flag picks. Then download our custom suite of party printables and top off your treats with our “Yum!” flags.
Give your cake a boost by displaying it on a pedestal cake stand and topping it with “Happy Birthday” candles. Keep kids from overindulging by serving single scoops of ice cream in these cute ice cream cups.
Confetti Colors Party Activities
Our suite of free printables also comes with coloring pages — let kids unleash their inner artists and take home their masterpieces!
Confetti Colors Party Favors
Send off each guest with a fun party favor like this mini gumball machine. For a personalized touch, download our free printable favor tags and attach them to the gumball machines with twine. Just be extra careful with little ones — gumballs are a choking hazard for kids under 6.
Confetti Colors Party Printables
- Hole punch
- X-ACTO knife (helpful, though not necessary)
- Twine for wrapping favors and tying printables
- Tape for hanging banners and signs
- When making a banner, measure and cut the string to fit the length of the wall where you plan to hang the banner, then fold the string in half to find its center. Attach the middle letter to the middle of the string and work outward on either side to ensure your message is centered.
- Don’t have time to digitally personalize our editable printables? No problem, write the names or titles in by hand!
- Having trouble cutting around the small grooves? Use an X-ACTO knife for those areas.
- A hole punch is essential for cutting out holes to insert string or twine.
Confetti Colors Party Invitations
NEXT: Check out more of our kids birthday party ideas!Print